Saturday, November 28, 2015

My 7 Favorite: Odorite Girls (dance covers)

Odorite

I listen to music all the time, and one of my favorite things to do is watch music videos while I’m working. During all these years of watching Jpop videos on youtube I’ve found an amazing amount of dance covers for a lot of songs, specially Hatsune Miku songs and I’m subscribed to a bunch of channels of these girls that I like. This genre of videos are known as Odottemita (踊ってみた) literally “tried to dance” and the girls and boys doing those dances are known as Odorite (踊り手).

Here’s a list of my 7 favorite youtube dancer girls that do covers of Jpop songs. This list is in no particular order, even though I like some more than others it would be almost impossible to order them.

1.- KAYA / かや

The first in the list is KAYA, with over 15k subscriber in youtube, I think she’s one of the best video editors on this list. She’s credited for the After Effects on her videos and the different sets she has danced on are great.

【かや】shake it! KAYA Ver.【踊ってみた】

2.- HIMA / ひま

Hima is definitively my favorite but maybe it’s only because I have followed her since her first videos, about 5 years ago, anyway, she has more than 64k subscribers in youtube so sure she’s good. Her videos are not so well edited, in fact they have nothing special and the vast majority of her videos are filmed in (what I guess it’s) her room, in front of the same window all these years.

【ひま】千本桜を踊ってみた【ただのん ver.】

3.- 彩りりあ (LILIA AYA)

Another girl that I’ve followed since her first videos, from my years as a hard core Hello! Project fan, LILIA AYA has made dance covers for several of my favorite songs of the latest years, specially S/mileage songs. The quality of her videos have improved a lot, it seems she’s now really serious about dancing, she performs in live events and does shotoshoots, etc.

This is one of her most recent videos, it’s pretty cool.

【彩りりあ】ヒビカセ 踊ってみた

4.- Furukawa Mirin / 古川未鈴

Furukawa Mirin is probably the most famous of all the girls in this list, she’s part of the poplar group Dempagumi.inc and they are known all around the world these days, but back in 2011 they were almost unknown and Mirin used to upload her dance cover videos to youtube as marshmallowsonic.

【みりん】「メランコリック」を踊ってみた

【古川未鈴】みりん♪「Yellow」を踊ってみた【PVぽく踊ってみた】

In the rare case that you don’t know Dempagumi.inc, you should search their music in youtube, it’s an awesome group and their music is different to what most of Jpop groups sound.

5.- ririri / りりり

ririri is the youngest of this list, but she’s really good. I found her videos not long ago when I was watching routines impersonation of Japanese comedy duos (Manzai) by regular people in youtube (yes, that’s a hobby I have). I was searching for Attakaindakara ~♪ and I found this cute video.

【りりり】クマムシ/あったかいんだから~remix【踊ってみた

6.- Cotton Chu

I don’t know her real name, she was previously known as Candy in her former group, FrolicLassie (well, I don’t know if they are still active or not). She’s the only not Japanese in this list. I think she’s from Chinese ascendance but lives in Canada. She’s pretty cute and her styles is really sweet.

❤ ろりこんでよかった~ 踊ってみた - Glad you're a Lolicon Dance Cover ❤

7.- Aikawa Kozue / 愛川こずえ

And last, but certainly not least, another very famous girl, and I think she’s the most famous cover dancer, and I mean, as a cover dancer. Aikawa Kozue is so popular in youtube that her most viewed video has more than 9 million views. She formed the dancing group Danceroid in 2009, but she graduated on 2012.

【こずえ】ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバーを踊ってみた

【こずえ】ハロ/ハワユを踊ってみた【難しかった】

No comments:

Post a Comment